ASML Software Graduate Program
The ASML Software Graduate Program is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your software career. Join us as a graduate and get your first job in one of the most advanced software companies in the world, preparing you for a bright future!
Do you know how to program? Have you recently graduated or will you graduate in the upcoming months? Do you want to know and learn what working as a software engineer in a professional company is like?
We have an offer you can’t refuse:
- Get a great job at ASML and a fast start from our Software Graduate Program, a 6.5 week training to prepare you for this first professional job in your career
- ASML will invest in your hard skills and soft skills. Skills that will prove to be valuable for the rest of your life
- You will work within a highly complex environment alongside some of the world’s smartest engineers
- The training will contain a combination of classroom lectures and hands-on work in some of our projects
- The projects will enable you to experiment with the lessons learned in a safe environment
- You will be part of a class of 12 graduates from all over the world. You will collaborate closely together and who knows, maybe you’ll become friends for life!
What will you learn?
You’ll join a class of 12 graduates to be trained in all aspects of the software development process. From requirements to delivery to the customer. Step by step you will be taken through the processes, templates and examples, to prepare you for your first project deliverable at ASML. Six and half weeks of full-time training, workshops and assignments.
In addition, you will be trained in Agile development methods, presentation techniques, cultural awareness, and personal effectiveness.
Classes will start every 2 months.
Software at ASML
ASML, headquartered in Brainport Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Google Maps), is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips.
We make machines that make chips; the hearts of the devices that keep us informed, entertained and safe; that improve our quality of life and help to tackle the world’s toughest problems. We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the software to run them.
A Software Developer at ASML is responsible for translating system requirements into software solutions. Your challenge is to deliver with high quality, within specification and in time, so that we can enable new system features for our customers.
At ASML, software engineers work in three different software expertise fields. Next to the embedded software that controls our machines, we also build pure software products – based on sophisticated simulations of our lithography systems – that help our customers to optimize chip designs for manufacturability. A third type of software is the glue between different machines: taking in measurements, calculating the necessary corrections and feeding them back to the lithography system to keep its performance stable.
Proud to be part of progress
At ASML we believe that technology is a force for good. It connects us, whoever and wherever we are in the world, and it changes how we live, work and play. Headquartered in Brainport Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Google Maps), ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. We make the tools for a critical manufacturing step, defining the structures that form the electrical circuits on a chip. We provide chipmakers with everything they need to mass produce patterns on silicon.
Our key technology is the lithography system, which brings together high-tech hardware and advanced software to control the chip manufacturing process down to the picometer. Delivering new functionalities, better performance and lower cost with each generation, advances in chips have spawned new products and transformed industries. All of the world's top chipmakers like Samsung, Intel and TSMC use our technology, enabling the waves of innovation that help tackle the world's toughest challenges.
We are proud of the impact our achievements have on the world around us. We are proud to be part of progress.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- have just graduated or are in your final year of study for a bachelor’s or master’s degree (BSc/MSc)
- have a technical field of study (such as Computer Science, Embedded Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics or similar)
- have a passion for programming. In ASML, we use traditional languages to build very complex software scripts: C, C++ or Python
- If you have some knowledge of the following, that would be a nice plus:
Operating systems: Unix or Linux
Version control systems: ClearCase or SVN
Tools : MATLAB, Valgrind, Wireshark, Jenkins, Eclipse
Project management: Agile, Scrum
2017 ASML FACTS
60 offices in 16 countries
115 different nationalities
Net sales €9,053 million
Net income €2,119 million
Research & Development spending €1,260 million
Our company has many dimensions: from physics to finance, from San Diego to Shanghai, from Research to Logistics. It offers the opportunity to broaden our view and realize our potential. For the eager, this company does not just offer a job - it offers a career.
To get to the best ideas, we question everything while keeping an open, curious mind. We know that a great idea can come from anyone, so we foster a melting pot of different backgrounds, talents and passions. We are proud of that diversity and we know that it makes us stronger. We are eager to share our knowledge and want to learn new things. We cherish our open culture that makes it all possible.
Our benefits package
High-quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build:
- 13th month payment
- 8% holiday allowance
- Profit sharing
- Share purchase, with 20% premium
- Reimbursement of external study
- Collective health insurance plan
- Pension scheme
- Commuting allowance
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- 40 days off: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
The benefits above are applicable in the Netherlands. ASML will make a tailor-made compensation & benefit package based on your individual situation.
Apply directly online – send us your resume and motivation letter. Classes will start every 2 months.