Working and living in the Netherlands
When you decide to move to work for ASML in Veldhoven, we will help you in a number of ways.
Our relocation package includes:
- Temporary housing
- Mover service for furniture and other belongings
- Allowance for the various costs associated with the move
The above allowances are determined based on your individual situation.
The Silicon Valley of Europe
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands (Google Maps), amid a thriving ecosystem of high-tech companies that have turned the region into Europe’s top tech hub. Located in the Southeast Netherlands, with Eindhoven at its heart, the region sets itself apart by its unique culture of open innovation. The Brainport Eindhoven Region is sometimes called ‘The Silicon Valley of Europe’ and was declared Intelligent Community of the Year (2011).
The Brainport Eindhoven Region offers high living standards, good work-life balance and exciting opportunities for your professional and personal development.
10 REASONS TO WORK AND LIVE IN THE BRAINPORT REGION
1. Exciting work opportunities – with an open innovation and startup culture
2. Eindhoven is the world’s most innovative city according to Forbes
3. Several leading high tech Original Equipment Manufacturers
4. Everyone speaks English – language is no barrier
5. Eindhoven is ranked as one of the world’s most intelligent cities
6. Attractive living environment with friendly neighborhoods, parks and recreation facilities, a lively and attractive city center and cultural and sporting activities of international standing. Including a good international school for your kids.
7. Friendly tax climate for knowledge workers
8. Eindhoven is the fifth largest city in the Netherlands, it’s ideally located for accessibility and has its own international airport
9. Great internet connectivity
10. The Netherlands has the best healthcare system in Europe according to the 2014 Euro Health Consumer Index
And of course number 11… we have stroopwafels, the tastiest caramel cookies in the world that have an uncanny resemblance to silicon wafers. Did we just blow your mind?
Holland Expat Center
The Holland Expat Center South will help you and your family to settle into your new living and working environment. The expat center is a nonprofit governmental agency that offers help with many procedures, including registering with the municipality and getting your residence permit. The expat center can also connect you with reliable service providers in housing, taxation, finance & insurance, education & careers, personal & social needs, as well as fun topics such as culture and recreation. All of this information is available free of charge.
You can visit the expat center's office in Eindhoven or check them out online.
Read their booklet The Expat's Guide.
2017 ASML FACTS
60 offices in 16 countries
115 different nationalities
Net sales €9,053 million
Net income €2,119 million
Research & Development spending €1,260 million
Our benefits package
High-quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build:
- 13th month payment
- 8% holiday allowance
- Profit sharing
- Share purchase, with 20% premium
- Reimbursement of external study
- Collective health insurance plan
- Pension scheme
- Commuting allowance
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- 40 days off: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
The benefits above are applicable in the Netherlands. ASML will make a tailor-made compensation & benefit package based on your individual situation.
- The Expat’s Guide from the Holland Expat Center gives practical information about living in the Netherlands and Eindhoven. Things you want to know in order to decide if it's attractive to move here for a job at ASML. Answers to questions like: Is there an international school for my children? How do I arrange a permit? How can I benefit from the 30% income tax regulation? Which culture and leisure activities are offered? Read the digital version of the Expat’s Guide.
- What's the price of an outdoor meal in Eindhoven? What does a liter of milk cost? And what do I pay for a new pair of jeans when I live in the Netherlands? Expatistan compares the cost of living between cities.
- E52 is your sneak preview of the future – daily news on innovation right from Brainport Eindhoven. Every week, E52 also has a talk with an international person about what brought them here and what life is like in Eindhoven. Read the personal story of Iskandar from Uzbekistan and Christos from Greece.
- Eindhoven is bursting with energy, with a constant flow of new developments in the fields of creativity, innovation, technology, design and knowledge. Visit thisiseindhoven.com and discover hotspots, highlights, events and other activities to help you get to know the design capital of the Netherlands.